Fragments extending their host's API

Daniel Beck
Dear Tycho users,

I'm currently experimenting with getting Tycho to build a few Eclipse projects. We have several plugins that allow their API to be extended by fragments using Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI. Compiling the modules that depend on both and the extended API fails, as the imports cannot be satisfied without the fragments on the classpath.

Does anyone on this list have an idea how I can get my projects to compile using Tycho? While TYCHO-60 [1] could be the issue, its explanation seems to be reverse -- and o.c.t.osgitools.DependencyComputer:hasExtensibleAPI agrees. But I'm not at all familiar with the code, so I could be way off.

Thanks,
Daniel

[1]: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-60

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Daniel Beck

Robert Bosch GmbH

www.bosch.com

[hidden email]

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Hermann Scholl; Geschäftsführung: Franz Fehrenbach, Siegfried Dais;
Bernd Bohr, Rudolf Colm, Volkmar Denner, Wolfgang Malchow, Peter Marks,
Peter Tyroller; Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Uwe Raschke, Wolf-Henning Scheider

Fragments extending their host's API

Daniel Beck
Dear Tycho users,

I'm currently experimenting with getting Tycho to build a few Eclipse projects. We have several plug-ins that allow their API to be extended by fragments using Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI. Compiling the modules that depend on both the host plug-in and its extended API fails, as the imports etc. cannot be satisfied without the fragments on the classpath.

Does anyone on this list have an idea how I can get my projects to compile using Tycho? While TYCHO-60 [1] could be the issue, its explanation seems to be reverse -- and o.c.t.osgitools.DependencyComputer:hasExtensibleAPI agrees. But I'm not at all familiar with the code, so I could be way off.

Thanks,
Daniel

[1]: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-60

---

I apologize for the re-post. My email was rejected by the list because of email policy problems, so now I'm posting this via Nabble, hoping it'll get through.