How to avoid unpacked plugins?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to avoid unpacked plugins?

Hendrik Eeckhaut
Hi,

I am building an RCP product with Tycho 0.10.0. This product works
fine, but I can not find out why my plugins are unpacked (instead of
jarred) in the final installation. I verified that unpack="false" in
the feature.xml file that includes my plugins.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Hendrik.

--
Hendrik Eeckhaut, PhD
T: +32 485 06 18 93
http://www.sigasi.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to avoid unpacked plugins?

Igor Fedorenko-2
Check if the unpacked bundles have "Eclipse-BundleShape: dir" in their
manifests. Commit [1] has some additional info


[1]
https://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho/commit/17e9f3afab185899ee0c23de44dea591f49a04af

--
Regards,
Igor

On 11-02-23 07:55 AM, Hendrik Eeckhaut wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am building an RCP product with Tycho 0.10.0. This product works
> fine, but I can not find out why my plugins are unpacked (instead of
> jarred) in the final installation. I verified that unpack="false" in
> the feature.xml file that includes my plugins.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks,
> Hendrik.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to avoid unpacked plugins?

Hendrik Eeckhaut
Eclipse-BundleShape: dir is not set.

It turns out that the jar is *not always* unpacked. Unfortunately I
can not find a pattern when it does and when it does not unpack.
Anybody else ever encountered this?

Thanks,
Hendrik.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Igor Fedorenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Check if the unpacked bundles have "Eclipse-BundleShape: dir" in their
> manifests. Commit [1] has some additional info
>
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho/commit/17e9f3afab185899ee0c23de44dea591f49a04af
>
> --
> Regards,
> Igor
>
> On 11-02-23 07:55 AM, Hendrik Eeckhaut wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am building an RCP product with Tycho 0.10.0. This product works
>> fine, but I can not find out why my plugins are unpacked (instead of
>> jarred) in the final installation. I verified that unpack="false" in
>> the feature.xml file that includes my plugins.
>>
>> Any clues?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hendrik.
>>
>



--

Hendrik Eeckhaut, PhD
T: +32 485 06 18 93
http://www.sigasi.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to avoid unpacked plugins?

ejain
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 07:15, Hendrik Eeckhaut
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Eclipse-BundleShape: dir is not set.
>
> It turns out that the jar is *not always* unpacked. Unfortunately I
> can not find a pattern when it does and when it does not unpack.
> Anybody else ever encountered this?

I have the same issue, see
http://software.2206966.n2.nabble.com/Bundles-not-jarred-td5684885.html.
Supposedly this is fixed in 0.11.0:
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-521.