Quantcast

Maven/Tycho/Eclipse : how to use a P2 Repo (built by Tycho) published in Maven repo?

Maven/Tycho/Eclipse : how to use a P2 Repo (built by Tycho) published in Maven repo?

crepuscule31
I wonder how to make married eclipse development target definition and maven/tycho repository.

Suppose two teams A and B. The team A develops a target platform (set of bundles) for team B.

In pure maven development without the help of Eclipse as development environment, the maven repository is the ideal tool to make communicate the both teams : when A releases a bundle, this one is published in the maven repository and available for team B when starting his maven generation.

But there is a problem for team B developping under Eclipse. Bundles published in repository by team A cannot be seen by Eclipse or imported easily. The result is Eclipse cannot compile and link correctly... In fact, Eclipse becomes inefficient as a development environment.

I know that Tycho publishes P2 repository into Maven repository. But, how to use this published P2 repo ??? As far as I know, it is not possible de define an Eclipse Target Definition pointing to this published P2 Repository...

Any solutions ? Do you have the same problem ?

Thanks a lot for your help.