Setting eclipse-repository name

Spencer Uresk
Is there any way to configure the repositories that get created in a project with a packaging type of eclipse-repository? Specifically, I'm trying to specify the name of the repository (and, less importantly, tell it to not compress the repository). I've seen examples of how to configure the repository name for an eclipse-feature, but I don't see any corresponding properties in the tycho-p2-publisher-plugin that would work for an eclipse-repository.

Is there any way to do this for an eclipse-repository?

Thanks,

- Spencer

RE: Setting eclipse-repository name

Tobias Oberlies

Hi Spencer,

It’s the tycho-p2-repository-plugin that creates the p2 repository. It currently accepts compress=false, but there is no parameter to set the name. It would be useful though. The implementation should be fairly easy, so you could try and develop a patch: https://docs.sonatype.org/display/TYCHO/DevelopingTycho

Regards

Tobias

- Spencer

Re: Setting eclipse-repository name

Spencer Uresk
Thanks for the pointer. It was indeed fairly easy to allow the name to be set. Here is what I've done so far:

Do you see any problems with what I've done?

- Spencer

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Oberlies, Tobias <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Spencer,

It’s the tycho-p2-repository-plugin that creates the p2 repository. It currently accepts compress=false, but there is no parameter to set the name. It would be useful though. The implementation should be fairly easy, so you could try and develop a patch: https://docs.sonatype.org/display/TYCHO/DevelopingTycho

Regards

Tobias

RE: Setting eclipse-repository name

Tobias Oberlies

Hi Spencer,

The change looks good. Unfortunately I don’t really know the IP process for Tycho (since it is not yet in Eclipse), so I don’t know if we are allowed to integrate your change. But seeing how easy it is, we’ll probably be able to re-implement and integrate the feature next week.

Regards

Tobias

Re: Setting eclipse-repository name

Spencer Uresk
I'm not sure if this helps, but I already have a CLA on file with Sonatype (you can confirm with one of the Sonatype guys) from when I submitted some m2eclipse stuff.

Let me know if you end up wanting me to make a pull request on Github, otherwise I'll just wait for you guys to re-implement it.

Thanks,

- Spencer

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 5:25 AM, Oberlies, Tobias <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Spencer,

The change looks good. Unfortunately I don’t really know the IP process for Tycho (since it is not yet in Eclipse), so I don’t know if we are allowed to integrate your change. But seeing how easy it is, we’ll probably be able to re-implement and integrate the feature next week.

Regards

Tobias

Re: Setting eclipse-repository name

Igor Fedorenko-2
Yes, make a pull request and I'll merge it later today. You CLA is good
for all Sonatype opensource projects.

Igor