The Test target platform does not contain dependencies of tests

The Test target platform does not contain dependencies of tests

Mickael Istria
Hi all,

I am currently working on using Tycho to build GMF Tooling. This is still experimental, but I am already quite happy of how easy it was to set up and it is to maintain! Here is the link to the build for the most curious: https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/tycho-gmp.gmf.tooling/

However I have a question regarding tests: A lot of them fail in GMF Tooling because when running the tests, the Target Platform of the workspace (-install) is set to the current test workspace (target/work folder). Then since GMF Tooling is about generating bundles, those one cannot compile because PDE only sees other bundles of the current workspace, and not the eclipse+GMF stuff. I'd expect tycho to use as target a platform made of all dependencies of the test bundle + their deps.

Is there a way to have a -install made of the necessary bundles? I think this is a necessary thing for all project dealing with bundle code generation (EMF, GMF, XText, Acceleo...).

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer

BonitaSoft - Open your processes
email : [hidden email]

Best Eclipse Modeling Tool 2011

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore BonitaSoft will not be liable for the message if modified.

Re: The Test target platform does not contain dependencies of tests

Igor Fedorenko-2
Test runtime has to include all bundles required to *run* tests.

I usually add all required bundles in my test project's bundle manifest,
but it is also possible to list additional dependencies using
<dependencies/> maven-osgi-test-plugin plugin configuration. The latter
allows dependencies on any P2 installation unit
(type=p2-installable-unit) and can be used to add non-bundle installable
units.

If your tests depend on PDE in the test runtime being able to "see" all
bundles, then, this is not currently possible. See this [1] discussion
thread for some details

[1]
http://software.2206966.n2.nabble.com/Eclipse-UI-Tests-with-maven-osgi-test-plugin-td6036492.html

Also, please use [hidden email] mailing list

Igor