Tip for enabling Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" with m2eclipse

Tip for enabling Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" with m2eclipse

Brian de Alwis
I found that m2eclipse & Tycho didn't seem to get along nicely with Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" option, causing continual cycling between Maven and PDE.  Jason mentioned to me that this can be avoided by using a special lifecycle mapping for m2eclipse, as seen in the following fragment:

        https://gist.github.com/780374

This profile is only used up when run from m2eclipse and, as I understand it, causes Maven to use a much reduced lifecycle, effectively running maven in an incremental fashion.  It's worked a treat for me.

Brian.

--
Rescue your task list with Kizby!  Free 30 day trial with no obligations.
Visit kizby.com for details.

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Tip for enabling Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" with m2eclipse

Benson Margulies
In my experience, this breaks import.

On 27-Jan-2011, at 10:11 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> In my experience, this breaks import.

I finally remembered to give this a try... and nothing broke for me.  What issues did you have?

Brian.

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Brian de Alwis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I found that m2eclipse & Tycho didn't seem to get along nicely with Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" option, causing continual cycling between Maven and PDE.  Jason mentioned to me that this can be avoided by using a special lifecycle mapping for m2eclipse, as seen in the following fragment:
>>
>>        https://gist.github.com/780374
>>
>> This profile is only used up when run from m2eclipse and, as I understand it, causes Maven to use a much reduced lifecycle, effectively running maven in an incremental fashion.  It's worked a treat for me.
>>
>> Brian.
>>
>> --
>> Rescue your task list with Kizby!  Free 30 day trial with no obligations.
>> Visit kizby.com for details.

Re: Tip for enabling Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" with m2eclipse

Igor Fedorenko-2
FYI, m2e 0.13.0 applies that custom lifecycle-mapping automatically, no
need to configure anything in pom.xml any more. It will also help you
find and install m2eclipse-tycho, if it is not installed already.

Igor

On 11-02-28 09:08 AM, Brian de Alwis wrote:

> On 27-Jan-2011, at 10:11 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> In my experience, this breaks import.
>
> I finally remembered to give this a try... and nothing broke for me.  What issues did you have?
>
> Brian.
>

>> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Brian de Alwis<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> I found that m2eclipse&  Tycho didn't seem to get along nicely with Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" option, causing continual cycling between Maven and PDE.  Jason mentioned to me that this can be avoided by using a special lifecycle mapping for m2eclipse, as seen in the following fragment:
>>>
>>>         https://gist.github.com/780374
>>>
>>> This profile is only used up when run from m2eclipse and, as I understand it, causes Maven to use a much reduced lifecycle, effectively running maven in an incremental fashion.  It's worked a treat for me.
>>>
>>> Brian.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rescue your task list with Kizby!  Free 30 day trial with no obligations.
>>> Visit kizby.com for details.

Re: Tip for enabling Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" with m2eclipse

Benson Margulies
Projects import with no java nature with the current released version
when this is in the parent, and they work fine when it is not.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Brian de Alwis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27-Jan-2011, at 10:11 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> In my experience, this breaks import.
>
> I finally remembered to give this a try... and nothing broke for me.  What issues did you have?
>
> Brian.
>

>> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Brian de Alwis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I found that m2eclipse & Tycho didn't seem to get along nicely with Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" option, causing continual cycling between Maven and PDE.  Jason mentioned to me that this can be avoided by using a special lifecycle mapping for m2eclipse, as seen in the following fragment:
>>>
>>>        https://gist.github.com/780374
>>>
>>> This profile is only used up when run from m2eclipse and, as I understand it, causes Maven to use a much reduced lifecycle, effectively running maven in an incremental fashion.  It's worked a treat for me.
>>>
>>> Brian.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rescue your task list with Kizby!  Free 30 day trial with no obligations.
>>> Visit kizby.com for details.

Re: Tip for enabling Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" with m2eclipse

Igor Fedorenko-3
Please submit bugreport against m2e in Eclipse bugzilla [1] if you are
able to reproduce the problem with recent 0.13.0 builds. I do not
believe this is a common problem, so make sure to provide sample project
and steps we can use to reproduce the problem.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=m2e

Igor

On 11-02-28 11:43 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> Projects import with no java nature with the current released version
> when this is in the parent, and they work fine when it is not.
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Brian de Alwis<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> On 27-Jan-2011, at 10:11 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>> In my experience, this breaks import.
>>
>> I finally remembered to give this a try... and nothing broke for me.  What issues did you have?
>>
>> Brian.

Re: Tip for enabling Eclipse's "refresh workspace automatically" with m2eclipse

Benson Margulies
Since this whole business isn't needed with 0.13, I'm supposing that
we should just drop the  topic.