Tycho and non-PDE support

kiran.bhumana
Hi Jan,
 At eBay we are interested in using Tycho for non-PDE projects. Jason mentioned that you are working on that. We would like to discuss with you about the Tycho enhancement that you are working on for supporting non-PDE projects. Which git repo are these changes being made? If the current ideas and enhancements that are planned match our needs, we are interested in contributing to the project as well.

We also wanted to chat with you about OSGI adoption at SAP and exchange some experiences.

thanks,
Kiran B.

RE: Tycho and non-PDE support

Sievers, Jan
Hi Kiran,

>At eBay we are interested in using Tycho for non-PDE projects. Jason
>mentioned that you are working on that. We would like to discuss with you
>about the Tycho enhancement that you are working on for supporting non-PDE
>projects.

Not sure what you mean by "non-PDE projects". Can you elaborate on this?

At this time tycho supports plugin/OSGi bundle, feature, product and updatesite/p2 PDE-type projects.
Extensibility for other project types, or maven-speak packaging types is something we have not achieved yet.
It's not the main focus for me at this point neither, but I think it's something we should eventually offer.

I know that Steve Jerman from the tigerstripe project has done some work on packaging type extensibility but it's not contributed back yet:
http://software.2206966.n2.nabble.com/Supporting-Different-Packaging-Types-in-Tycho-td6162451.html

In general, all I am working on in tycho is publicly available at
http://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho
(soon at http://git.eclipse.org/ )

Regards,
Jan

RE: Tycho and non-PDE support

kiran.bhumana

Hi Jan,
 Example of non-PDE projects would be dynamic web projects. To which we can add OSGI nature.
There is also an Rational tools for OSGI from IBM which defines OSGI projects without all the PDE bells and whistles.

We also forked off the tycho like the tigerstripe and modified to support the different project types.

Sorry for this naive question, how do I use hidden email? I don't see that in settings or anywhere else. I thought emails would be masked by default.

Thanks,
Kiran.