Quantcast

packaging type eclipse-application and vmArgs

packaging type eclipse-application and vmArgs

pafa

Hi all

We are building our Eclipse-RCP application using Tycho 0.11 (good job guys!). The application product is generated by using a standard product definition and the packaging type eclipse-application.

I have two question:

 - would you suggest us to continue using the packaging type "eclipse-application" for materializing the product? (instead of the "new" eclipse-repository)
 - how can we include in the materialized product the VM arguments (vmArgs) that are defined in the product definition? (currently not working.. bug?)

Thanks
Francesco

Re: packaging type eclipse-application and vmArgs

pafa
Ok, I missed the discussion in "Migration path to new packaging type for p2-enabled products" and now I know that, in a future Tycho release, I'll have to migrate to the packaging type "eclipse-product" for building my Eclipse RCP application.

I still have one open issue:

>  how can we include in the materialized product the VM arguments (vmArgs) that are defined in the product definition?

I there currently a way (still using the packaging type "eclipse-application") to instruct Tycho to put the VM arguments defined in the .product file into the config.ini of the materialized product?

Thank you
Francesco

RE: packaging type eclipse-application and vmArgs

Tobias Oberlies
See my answers inline.

Please use the new mailing list [hidden email] for future questions.

The implementation that is currently available through eclipse-repository will be used for eclipse-product, so you should try out the eclipse-repository approach now to see if there are any bugs that affect you and that should be fixed before we deprecate eclipse-application.

>  - how can we include in the materialized product the VM arguments
> (vmArgs)
> that are defined in the product definition? (currently not working.. bug?)

This works when you use eclipse-repository.

Regards
Tobias